Medicare Advantage is the name for various delivery systems, most of them managed care options, through which Medicare beneficiaries may obtain their Medicare benefits if they elect to join a private plan in place of Original Medicare.
SHIP Training Manual
: Making Informed Decisions -
Guide to Navigating Medicare Advantage
- Tool: Making Informed Decisions - Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Tool: Making Informed Decisions - Medicare Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- Tool: Making Informed Decisions - Private Fee-For-Service (PFFS)
- Tool: Making Informed Decisions - Special Needs Plans (SNP)
- Form: Making Informed Decisions - Evaluation
- Presentation: What is Medicare Advantage? offers the basics of Medicare Advantage. It may be customized for training in your SHIP.
Resources from the SHIP Network
The Alabama SHIP Team created a Medicare Protection Toolkit to help Medicare beneficiaries make informed decisions and to help prevent fraud and abuse.
The North Carolina SHIP in collaboration with the AARP, the N.C. Hospital Association, the N.C. Medical Society, the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services, and the N.C. Health Care Facilities Association launched the Stop. Question. Call. campaign to urge Medicare beneficiaries to call the SHIP before making changes to their Medicare coverage.
|If you have a question that is not covered in these resources, please email HAP at SHIPhelp@hapnetwork.org and we will respond to your request within two business days.|